08 March 2009

la fin des vacances


Gabriela et Dakin chez Lucie, la soirée "ne plus jamais"

Alors, je pensais que serait bien finir mes vacances par écrire un petit mot là pour que tout le monde sache comment ça va.

So, I thought that it would be nice to end my vacation by writing a little note here so that everyone knows how things are going.

WOOOOW.  It's been over a month since I've last written.  It's getting serious.

At the same time a lot and nothing has been happening around here.  Basically during the month of February I went to school non stop.  The first weekend of February I went to a friends house with some friends to celebrate her 18th birthday, which was really tiring but cool!  We STARTED eating dinner at ten o'clock and we finished around midnight.  So basically now you know that if the night started after dinner, it was a very long night.  But it was really cool and I had a lot of fun!  The weekend of Saint Valentines was an AFS weekend.  We were hosted by the AFS regional coordinators and volunteers in a small village south of Poitiers, about an hour by car from where I live.  We did activities such as French children's games, we danced, we ate A LOT, and we discussed how are year is going and what we're getting out of the experience.

The following week went by fairly quickly as I anticipated the start of my two week winter vacation.  That weekend I went to Moulins sur Allié to visit Eileen, a friend that I met in New York at the outgoing orientation.  We saw a movie which was pretty good (the French movie theaters are MUCH cheaper than in the US), we went to a few cafés, and I met some of her really cool friends!  At one point I was with three other Americans and it was very strange because it was the first time I had been with more than one other American since Paris in August!

Leaving Sunday afternoon was pretty sad, but it was just the beginning of my vacation so I had a lot to look forward to!  I didn't travel very much during this vacation, I only went to Poitiers a few times by train, stayed over night at my friend Jona's house a couple of days, and I hung around Châtellerault with some friends.  But I must admit that it was a fairly calm vacation during which I didn't do much.  It was great!

In fact, I didn't even do much studying for the practice graduation exam that will be all of this following week.  I reallllly need to get going to study a little today ^^ so that I won't completely fail the exams.

I hope everyone's doing well and I'll see you all all too soon.  Ciao!

1 comment:

beebop said...

Hi Dakin!
I'm glad you updated your blog! It sounds like you had a fun break. I can't wait to come and visit and get a personal tour. ~Love, Mom