16 April 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers



What a busy busy busy last month I have had!  I cannot even begin to explain everything I've been up to.  First of all I'm going to point you all to the right hand side of my blog, where I've added links to the blogs of other exchange students that I know, or also go to my school.  That way you can see some other pictures and maybe (if you speak German, Norwegian, or Indonesian), you'll be able to read about the others' experiences.

I'm going to give you all a quick run down of what's been going on here in France, or at least in my everyday life.  I took the mock exam after my last vacation and it actually went pretty well.  Despite my scores being somewhat low, 6.5 in Literature, 7 in Philosophy, 12 in Spanish, 18 in English (written), 19 in English (spoken), 11 in History & Geography (all out of 20), I still have enough points that if this had been the real exam I would have received my French diploma!  Hopefully this means I won't have to study too much for the next month and a half of classes (that is to say, the month and a half of classes after the next two weeks of vacation I have starting tomorrow!).  Otherwise classes are going well, except for the fact that I feel really lazy and j'ai la flemme (I don't feel like doing anything).

My weekends have been VERY busy!  One weekend I went to Poitiers for an exposition on different activities in my region of France, in order to get an idea of possible things I can do in order to really take advantage of the time I have left in France.  This has really been getting to me lately because I only have a month and a week left of classes (of which only one week is a full week), and I'm starting to feel the time go by faster and faster!  It seems like I got off the train in Poitiers just yesterday, and yet at the same time I know that I only have two and a half months left in France!  It's freaking me out and I need to think about it some more.  A little reflection on the subject should do the trick.

This past weekend was le week-end de Pâques (Easter weekend).  I really am bummed that I didn't spend it with my host family, who are devoted Catholics, they did an egg hunt with the kids and they went to the grandparents house for an Easter meal!  But!  I was in Poitiers for the weekend performing a medieval show!  I had two roles, a Page and a Seer, and the idea of the show was to serve a meal for the audience while performing the show.  I made a LOT of friends and I was reallllllly sad when we had finished Sunday night with the last show.  So, Monday I called the director, and I'm actually going to continue doing shows with the company for three weekends, one in May, and two in June.  It's going to be so much fun and I'm going to get to see my new friends again!  I'm learning how to juggle, and maybe I'll get to learn how to blow fire!

I should also mention my college situation.  I heard back from NYU, my parents read me the letter over the phone, and I am sad to inform you all that I was not accepted.  However!  I will be going to UW-Madison this fall, which is an awesome school and I'm REALLY excited nonetheless!  I'll be closer to home, it'll be much cheaper (but still fairly expensive), and I'm going to get to see my friends (whom I miss very much!)  But most of all I'll get to see family WHO I APPRECIATE VERY MUCH AND I MISS YOU ALL!  I'll be home soon enough, don't worry.

Well, I'm off to finalize some plans that I have with my mom traveling Europe this summer, so I should be off.  The next time I write hopefully I'll have more to say, and more time to say it, but I'll just give you a heads up that it's going to be very interesting!  Tomorrow I leave for Paris for a week, and then I'm going to Marseille for a week, a large city on the French Mediterranean.

Keep a look out for a post in about three weeks!

Au revoir!  Bisous!

No comments: